March 15, 2011

Dance to this Salsa

Jukebox: Friday? haha nahhh. Bit Funk - Love Scientific


Fridays are fun fun fun fun... not just because the Rebecca Black song says so ;)  It's also fun because there are usually delectable homemade treats in the teacher's lounge to celebrate the onset of the weekend.  Last week, one of the staff members made homemade salsa. It was beyond bomb. After inquiring about her recipe, I went ahead (with the help of my mother) to make our own rendition of this healthy bold salsa... perfect for chip dipping or on topping white/brown rice.

Disclaimer: I was never much of an "exquisite" cook. I generally make meals that are thrown together spontaneously with just my favorite ingredients.  Therefore, please excuse the recipe informality :P


Ingredients:
  • Corn
  • Whole tomatoes
  • Onions
  • Cilantro
  • Black Eyed Beans.... (I almost wrote peas lol)
  • Lemon
  • Green Chili
  • Vinaigrette Sauce!!!!
Easy Peasy Obvious Steps:

Dice the tomatoes, onions, cilantro and green chili. Drain the beans first with water (if they are canned so there's no icky paste). Toss everything in a big bowl. Squeeze lemon over the whole batch, mix in the Vinaigrette Sauce as you mix everything equally.

Serve immediately :D



I'm not much of a measuring-cup girl. Therefore, the geener measuring method will have to suffice. Basically it goes like this: put more of what you like to eat in the mixing batch. Put only a small amount of the ingredients that you don't like as much.  


I think you can figure out what's my favorite place to buy groceries :P And yes those lemons were bought there as well.


'we we we so excited' ... tadah! enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment