February 01, 2011

A Yellow Expensive Car

Jukebox: La Roux- I'm Not Your Toy


So there are two things prevalent in our modern world that I really am not keen on due to a combination of ignorance and disinterest.

One is football, the other is cars.

Don't get me wrong, I think automobiles are impressively functional machines.  But when it comes to horsepower? transmission? brands?  That's another clueless story of mine.

I know there can't be knockoff cars like knockoff purses,  but in all honesty, a perfectly shiny and new "low-ended" car looks just as appealing to me as a gorgeous shiny "high-ended" car.

This is why, when I saw the following vehicle as I was getting gas the other day, the first thing that went through my head was

"oooooo... pretty, shiny, yellow car!"

=D


In middleschool English, I've learned that various contextual clues can aid in defining an unknown word, or the "status" of a particular vehicle in this case.

So in this instance, the clues that were presented to me include:

1. The three exhaust pipes all symmetrically aligned in the middle.
2. A man walking past me going into the store whipping out his iphone to snap a picture...
3. Another man hollering, "SWEET RIDE" as he pulls out of the gas station.

these facts confirm my suspicions that it indeed is a pretty, yellow, and expensive car.

So what's the next step?  Of course, it would be to make a conjecture about the driver.

The following possibilities came up:  a bad@$$ mafia member, elite socialite, wealthy buisnessman, a racecar guru.

Drum rolls in my mind as the driver's door swivels out....

and out steps this scrawny kid...

in a worn highschool sweatshirt,

backwards cap,

and flipflops.

LOL. howw??

(and to this day, I still have no clue what type of car this is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment