May 19, 2011

La Bayadare

Earlier this evening I watched the ballet performance of La Bayadare. Like most ballets, not a word was spoken throughout the whole performance, yet the transcending performance revealed a tragic love story.

Such is the power of art.

After the ballet, I went starbucks to enjoyed a nice vente cup of Tazo Green Tea Zen.

I sat there letting the warm steam of the tea wash over me and drifted in and out of daydream.

A throat clearing abruptly awoken me from my thoughts.

Before me stood a friendly man in his seventies.

His eyes twinkled with amusement as he pointed to my program book that I had placed on my table.

"I just came from La Baladare too. My granddaughter was dancing there."

The world is pretty small.

Sometimes all it takes is a cup of tea to make a connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment