October 01, 2010

LA dessert adventures!

LA traffic is extremely crazayyy... although I've driven there before... yesterday was the first time I braved the journey to the concrete jungle alone.  Lost a few gut cells in Westwood and on the 405, but that was definitely worth it. Why? I had soo much fun catching up.  Wish I had more time to spend with more people however. Note to self: don't drive home around 6:30PM next time I visit LA.

At Emil's Swiss Pastry on Santa Monica Blvd!

I got the Chocolate Tower Mousse.... it was amazingly rich and delicious.. mmmm... but after eating half, I felt really stuffed.


michelle got a delicate fruit tart, amy got a delectable pear (cobbler?) 

Then as we were leaving, the owners of the Churros Calientes next door welcomed us to try out their coca drink.  It was their grand opening day so they treated us each with three dainty teacups of cocoa! mmmm


I ordered a CHurros Largo with their strawberry dip (They recommended dipping the churros in the cocoa as well. The churros there aren't regular ones u find at costco or disneyland. They are thinner, and definitly more crispy. There is a really distinct flavor and it was made right on the spot. SOOO Delicious.. I want some more! Although... after eating that, the chocolate mousse AND hot cocoa, I felt I had a lava of chocolate in my stomach. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment