May 20, 2012

NYR interm check part I


One measly entry since the start of 2012 is really quite unacceptable.  School and work is the culprit. Luckily, as of 1 week ago, I am officially halfway done with my master’s degree! whoopee!
I actually have several topics in mind, but I figure the most appropriate first entry after such a long hiatus should be an interim check on my New Year’s Resolutions made approximately 6 months ago.  Without further adieu, let me begin.

1. Sleep at least 6.5 hours each night
The amount of sleep MAY approximate out to 6.5 hours a night each week; however it usually patterns something along the lines of this: Sleep a whopping amount the first few days of the week, come Wednesday “oh shits! Everything is due!" then followed by two days of misery squeezing the last bit of information out of my brain during the wee hours of the morning. Luckily summer is here, and with that comes the perk of a slumber buffet. All you can sleep. No, actually not really at all. This must be worked upon. Also my brain has somehow trained itself to ignore 5 of the 10 alarm options available.  How come this oddly reminds me of the workings of antibiotic resistance bacteria? Is there such thing is Alarm resistance? Why am I rambling? Intervention is needed.
Conclusion: 1/2 Satisfied

2. Budget money wisely using Mint.com
My budgeting equivalents to a roller coaster ride. During good months, I budget like crazy, and consistently visit Mint.com while commending myself over my thriftness.  During bad (splurge-filled) months, I barely record any purchases. Notice the guilt relieving pattern?  Unfortunately, I recently discovered the extreme comfort and chic style of Zara apparels.  While my closet has been getting quite cozy, my monetary conscious obviously, is spacing out… a lot
Conclusion: 1/2 Satisfied

3. Get a part time job & 4. Settle down what I am supposed to do this summer
5 hours a day each week, I stare at two elongated monitors slaving over data. No... It’s actually really interesting, and I am extremely content at my current academic state. I love my job and I am consistently amazed that I found such an interesting field.  
Conclusion: Check! Check!

Stay tuned for New Year Resolutions #5-11 next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment